The IWGA is extremely grateful to the clubs that graciously host our championships, most of which have specific guidelines for proper golf attire. As such, and to preserve the spirit of the game, we require that all players adhere to the IWGA Dress Code described below.
Players who are not dressed appropriately will not be allowed to tee off unless the issue is corrected and will potentially forfeit their championship entry. The dress code is in effect for all championships and practice rounds.
We request that all players review this code prior to arriving at a championship venue.
IWGA Dress Code for all championships and practice rounds:
- No denim attire
- All attire must be in good repair and not have holes, tears, or frayed ends
- All shorts and slacks must be hemmed (no cut-offs)
- Shorts, skirts, and skorts must be no more than 5 inches above the knee or have an inseam of at least 5 inches
- Shirts must have collars and/or sleeves (no tank tops or halter tops)
- No offensive printing or language
- No advertising other than golf equipment, clothing brands, golf venues, or academic institutions
- Hats and visors must be worn with brim facing forward